An even better GitLab CI (was: Re: Document GitLab as the only way to contribute to Samba?)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Jul 2 18:50:38 UTC 2019

On Fri, 2019-06-28 at 23:02 +0200, Michael Adam wrote:

> Just (thinking out of the current gitlab-ci) box (but inside my
> area of experience): Is it possible to add some other CI runs in
> gitlabl that would trigger via some web-hooks? Those could be
> used for real cluster tests with multiple VMs, or tests that have
> other special requirements that the free CI runners can not
> satisfy (like ext4 ...). Alternatively, could we integrate other
> external runners with the existing CI?
> Just checking the conceptual possibilities.
> (Maybe we need to have a video call and you can walk me thorough
> how it is working in the backend, Andrew, so I can understand
> better...)

I've not explored the other potential integrations, mostly out of a
desire to deliver what we have done so far without distraction, but I'm
always happy to chat and keen to learn about what others can bring to
the table.

There are web hooks:

https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/integrations/webhooks.html

Thanks,