Fix for Samba server masking world writeable perm off

Steve French smfrench at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 13:33:33 UTC 2019

The "for-next" branch of https://github.com/smfrench/smb3-kernel.git
is usually reasonably current (since it is pulled by the build-bot)
although it changes fairly often depending on what we are testing in
the buildbot.  Technically the one that linux-next pulls from,
https://git.samba.org/?p=sfrench/cifs-2.6.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/for-next
is probably a bit better

I typically don't rebuild the whole kernel every time, but rather will
download the Ubuntu or Fedora weekly kernel build at least once a
month, and then cd into the Linux kernel client's git tree then

"cd fs/cifs"
     then
"make C=1 -C /usr/src/linux-headers-`uname -r` M=`pwd` modules
CF=-D__CHECK_ENDIAN__"
     then
"rmmod cifs; insmod ./cifs.ko"

In terms of testing, a lot of our focus has been on xfstest (and there
is some info on setting this up, although the test results need
updating, at https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Xfstesting-cifs)

--
Thanks,

Steve