Symbols for Python3 based builds

Alexander Bokovoy ab at samba.org
Thu Feb 21 12:41:33 UTC 2019

On to, 21 helmi 2019, Matthias Klose via samba-technical wrote:
> On 21.02.19 12:52, Andreas Schneider via samba-technical wrote:
> > See the thread at [1] which included patches to fix this.
>
> Sure I can patch these on my own.  Is this something that upstream wants to get
> done by every downstream themself?
I'd prefer we work within the context of that thread to find out a
better solution. Please note, though, that Python core team considers
differences in the ABI between multiple Python versions a reason why it
is done this way.

See https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3149/ for specifics. Both
Debian and Ubuntu were cited as a reason for the change in 2010.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy