Testing without python (was: Re: Samba and Python2)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Feb 18 22:26:47 UTC 2019

On Mon, 2019-02-18 at 17:38 +1300, Tim Beale via samba-technical wrote:
> So here's something that runs some basic tests for the nopython build.
> Basically I just bypassed all the subunit-filter python code and call
> the Perl code directly. We then pass a manually edited test-list to
> selftest.pl, which runs a single .sh test against each s3 testenv (apart
> from the ad_member ones).

Wow!

Our whole selftest system is so complex and jury-rigged that I really
never expected we could pick out one part of it like this and have it
still run at all.

It will be a pain to maintain that file over time, but still, wow!

This nicely covers the 'links but fails to run' case really well, and I
hope we can just hand-wave-assert that the finer protocol points don't
change when --disable-python is used.

Well done!

https://samba.org/~abartlet/
https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba