Set client max/min protocol via environmantal variables
m.novosyolov at rosalinux.ru
Sat Feb 16 13:37:14 UTC 2019
13.02.2019 9:23, Andreas Schneider пишет:
> On Tuesday, 12 February 2019 21:13:00 CET Mikhail Novosyolov via samba-
> technical wrote:
>> 12.02.2019 23:01, Andreas Schneider пишет:
>>> On Tuesday, 12 February 2019 20:27:49 CET Mikhail Novosyolov wrote:
>>>> 12.02.2019 21:47, Andreas Schneider пишет:
>>>>> On Tuesday, February 12, 2019 6:50:35 PM CET Mikhail Novosyolov via
>>>>> technical wrote:
>>>>>> I've made a patch trying to allow setting 'client min protocol' and
>>>>>> 'client max protocol' via an environmental variable.
>>>>>> Samba 4.9.4 with this patch builds OK, but I don't see any effect from
>>>>>> e.g. SMB_CLIENT_MAX_PROTOCOL=NT1, even when setting this in systemd
>>>>> What are you trying to achieve?
>>>> I am trying to workaround listing smb:// network/workgroups, broken in
>>>> Samba 4.8 compared to Samba 4.7 due to client min protocol becoming SMB3
>>>> and fixing Badlock.
>>>> Listing is done not be smbdclient CLI tool, but via libsmbclient.so.0
>>> There is a function for doing that, see:
>>> This has been implemented for gvfs. The function is only available in
>>> 4.10 release candidates. You have to wait till 4.10 will be released to be
>>> able to consume the function.
>> I know this and cherry-picked 0dae4e2f5c65167fdb2405e232436921a0bb17e6
>> and 50f89bcdc9473abf69da1fee6f9014df63adc3e3 to samba 4.9, it is what
>> https://bugzilla.samba.org/show_bug.cgi?id=13782 is about. When I made
>> that bug, I did not understand that I had made a mistake and that
>> actually did not help, I just had 'client max protocol = NT1' in my
>> config and thought that patches helped.
>> My samba build is here: https://abf.io/corp_test/samba
>> Yes, this has been implemented in gvfs via
>> 69d09d1 but right now I've installed Mageia 7 beta with Samba 4.10 rc1 and
>> GVFS 1.38.1 (1.38.1 already has this patch, but gitlab does not show this
>> for some reason).
>> Browsing smb:// in Nautilus returns nothing, even if I set 'client max
>> protocol = NT1' in ~/.smb/smb.conf. smbtree does see the network:
> Then this sounds like a bug in v4.10 and you should open a bug :-)
Just un update: gvfs + samba 4.10 rc2 do see workgroups when browsing
smb://, no need to open a bug :-)
More information about the samba-technical