[Announce] Samba 4.10.0rc2 Available for Download

L. van Belle belle at samba.org
Wed Feb 6 10:30:28 UTC 2019

Hai,

Is there a parameter/option to override the 10 sec timeout for the internal
DNS.

> o  Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org>
>    * BUG 13750: libcli: dns: Change internal
> DNS_REQUEST_TIMEOUT from 2 to 10 seconds.

Because 10 sec is really long in dns.
I finding 5 sec already long. ( the default in resolv.conf )

Or can we use the resolv.conf its override.
options timeout:X

Im asking since i dont see such setting mentioned in the release notes.
I have servers where i must lower this to 2 sec for example.
Not that im using internal DNS, but handy to know.

Greetz,

Louis