Parse::Yapp::Driver on platforms other than Linux

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Dec 12 23:32:48 UTC 2019

On Thu, 2019-12-12 at 13:44 -0800, Jeremy Allison via samba-technical
wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 06:43:24PM +0000, Christopher O Cowan -
> Christopher.O.Cowan--- via samba-technical wrote:
> >
> > Easy enough to fix with a cpan install.   On AIX this is not a
> > default with the freeware perl offering.  I do have to wonder
> > whether this module is in the base packages of other Linux
> > distros?   I use RHEL at work, but I'm not going to check other
> > distros, obviously.
>
> On ubuntu it's in libparse-yapp-perl. I had
> to scramble to find it also after this commit :-).

We know it can be found on major Linux distributions because we test
with the big 4 during every CI run.  That is were we generate these
package lists from:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Package_Dependencies_Required_to_Build_Samba#Verified_Package_Dependencies

https://samba.org/~abartlet/
https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba