ldb bug?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Aug 5 22:27:41 UTC 2019

On Mon, 2019-07-29 at 19:05 +0200, Andreas Schneider via samba-
technical wrote:
> Hi Gary,
>
> we got a bug report an issue with the ldb_lmdb_size_test. I'm able to
> reproduce the issue:
>
> $ ./bin/ldb_lmdb_size_test
> [==========] Running 1 test(s).
> [ RUN      ] test_db_size_gt_4GB
> A transaction is still active in ldb context [0x56317c9e5760] on mdb://
> apitest.ldb
> [  ERROR   ] --- 0x35 != 0
> [   LINE   ] --- ../../lib/ldb/tests/ldb_lmdb_size_test.c:186: error: Failure!
> [  FAILED  ] test_db_size_gt_4GB
> [==========] 1 test(s) run.
> [  PASSED  ] 0 test(s).
> [  FAILED  ] 1 test(s), listed below:
> [  FAILED  ] test_db_size_gt_4GB
>
>  1 FAILED TEST(S)
>

> The apitest.ldb file is only 12KB ...

This test is not normally run, as if successful it would fill the CI
machines.

The test regressed when the default LMDB DB map size was return to the
LMDB default, with the 8GB default being specified in Samba only.

The test needs to be modified to pass a larger map size to the
ldb_connect() call as an option.

https://samba.org/~abartlet/
https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba