Subfoders in VxFS not inheriting correct ACLs from parent directory

Abhishek Anand Abhishek.Anand at veritas.com
Fri Aug 2 05:39:48 UTC 2019

Hi List,

As part of our NAS product, we are using Samba on top of Veritas File System (VxFS).

This Fix solves the issue of no retention of windows ACLs set onto a file/directory created on a samba share.

Previously, VxFS did not support the security namespace for extended attributes. Thus, we stored the security.NTACL as user.NTACL. VxFS now supports storing the extended attributes in security.NTACL namespace. Hence, the old styled extended attributes user.NTACL should be removed whenever a new set of request comes.

Please find attached patch which fixes for the above issue.
This patch applies to Samba master. Please let me know reviews/comments.

Thanks and Regards,
Abhishek Anand