getting centos7 into bootstrap and gitlab CI

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Apr 30 07:58:36 UTC 2019

On Tue, 2019-04-30 at 08:38 +0200, Andreas Schneider via samba-
technical wrote:

> > > that would be much appreciated and I can help with that, but it's
> > > certainly not a requirement to get your patch for the missing-
> > > field-
> > > initializers in. I'll review later on.
> > Thanks Ralph for offering to help.  It has been really cool to see
> > so
> > many folks stepping in to maintain and extend our package list.  It
> > is
> > lovely to have this task, but even more so the knowlege of how to
> > do it
> > practically, distributed around the team!
> >
> > I totally agree this is not a pre-requisite, thanks for making that
> > clear!
> Here we go. Should be fine as GnuTLS and KRB5 are not that old as on
> Ubuntu
> 14.04 :-)
>
> https://gitlab.com/samba-team/samba/merge_requests/399

I've CC'ed Sérgio and Nico who recently had a thread about building
modern Samba on CentOS7.  They may be able to help here.

Their work is online at:
https://github.com/sergiomb2/SambaAD
https://github.com/nkadel/samba4repo

Thanks to everyone working to show Samba master can be built and
developed on CentOS7, much better to confirm this now than find out at
RC4 ;-)