Updating kerberos keytab after machine account password change

Andrew Walker awalker at ixsystems.com
Mon Apr 15 17:13:04 UTC 2019

I noticed that when my kerberos method was set to "secrets and keytab", my
system keytab wasn't getting updated when the machine account password
changed. Is this an intentional design decision? Attached is a rough patch
that gets this working in my test environment. Feedback (even if it's
'you're holding it wrong') is much appreciated.