[PROPOSAL] Re-bundle (stop producing tarballs for) ldb?

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Sun Apr 14 03:21:04 UTC 2019

On Sat, Apr 13, 2019 at 10:02:57PM +0100, Rowland Penny via samba-technical wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Apr 2019 16:32:12 -0400
> Simo <simo at samba.org> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2019-04-11 at 09:03 +0100, Rowland Penny via samba-technical
> > wrote:
> > > On Wed, 10 Apr 2019 20:01:29 -0700
> > > Jeremy Allison via samba-technical <samba-technical at lists.samba.org>

> > > I don't think taking a particular distro into account is a good
> > > idea. I think we should do what is best for Samba and the wider
> > > community.
> >
> > I didn't read Jeremy's phrasing as an exclusive. He just pointed out
> > that there are needs from down-streams as well. I would object myself
> > to catering for a specific party exclusively.
>
> I understood what he meant, I was just saying that we shouldn't mention
> any distro by name.

I understand what you mean also, but sometimes you
have to call a spade a spade :-). If it's a Red Hat
need, I don't mind saying "Red Hat need". Same for
SuSE/Ubuntu/Mint/Debian - even some of our proprietary
bretheren :-).

But yeah, you're probably right I shouldn't have
called out one distro as seeming "more important"
than others, so if I'm correct in assuming that
is the real issue, then I apologise (again,
I thought I'd already apologised but I'm happy
to do it as many times as needed :-).