[PROPOSAL] Re-bundle (stop producing tarballs for) ldb?

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu Apr 11 03:01:29 UTC 2019

On Thu, Apr 11, 2019 at 01:23:38PM +1200, Andrew Bartlett via samba-technical wrote:
> On Wed, 2019-04-10 at 20:56 -0400, Simo wrote:
> >
> > You are missing a lot, you may notice my (C) is sprinkled in quite some
> > places in ldb and yet I do not appear at all in your "history of all
> > times" ...
>
> I'm very sorry, you are of course correct that ldb moved to the current
> source code location in 2011.  Attached is the contributor list before
> that (when it lived in source4/lib/ldb).
>
> Please accept my apologies,

Andrew, this is not a contest and people don't
care how much line by line stuff got changed
or by who (at least I don't).

People can work on Samba (or not) as they find
the time and the things they need it to do.

Please don't try and make this a pissing contest
of "who contributed more code therefore my opinion
counts more".

That's not doing Samba nicely :-).

Please let's just take the technical needs
of each stakeholder in Samba with the seriousness
they require (and the number of users it will
help).

Red Hat is the most popular Linux distro with a large
user base and we need to take their engineering
needs into account.

Thanks,

Jeremy.