[FYI] Adding support for Unicode normalisation conversion to lib/util/charset/

Douglas Bagnall douglas.bagnall at catalyst.net.nz
Wed Apr 10 10:55:45 UTC 2019

hi Ralph,

I am interested to see this because a few years ago I was looking at using
libicu for the sort module in ldb (our current algorithm is idiosyncratic)
but that work stopped when I realised Windows does something else again.

It is something I think we need to grapple with at some point, whether we
follow Windows or cleave away and join the rest of the world in the
Unicode standard with ICU.

Douglas