[PROPOSAL] Re-bundle (stop producing tarballs for) ldb?

Simo simo at samba.org
Mon Apr 8 19:14:33 UTC 2019

FWIW I am against this, not only we went down this road because
breakage was too painful for downstreams before, it also was useful to
reduce dependencies for projects that used nothing else.

The other reason was to force ourselves to keep it more stable, this
was done for both internal and external reasons, it would force us to
reason more carefully about changes to a core component.

I think you got valuable contributions because of this, as the
downstream projects provided not only feedback but also direct code
contribution.

Simo.