Downgrade issue with new ldb 2.0.0

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Apr 8 04:00:19 UTC 2019

Just a heads-up that we have noticed that we need to write a downgrade
script (like sambaundoguididx) for Samba 4.11 (master) -> 4.10 and
below.

The symptom (eg on a dbcheck --reindex) is:

Invalid @ATTRIBUTES element for 'accountExpires'
Failed to connect to 'tdb:///usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb' with
backend 'tdb': Unable to load ltdb cache records for backend 'ldb_tdb
backend'

There is no issue on upgrade, just downgrade.

For non-Samba users of ldb additionally the ORDERED_INTEGER value would
need to be specified in @ATTRIBUTES to opt in to this feature, so this
really only matters for Samba because it auto-upgrades the @ATTRIBUTE
record.

I'll soon write a script which drops the problem record by directly
modifying the ldb, similar to sambaundoguididx.

https://samba.org/~abartlet/
https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba