OpenLDAP backend for Samba:

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Apr 1 23:11:23 UTC 2019

G'Day Nadezhda,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I think this deserves a good chat at SambaXP and a look over the new
code.  I checked the git repo but it still seems to describe the old
approach this this could would be needed for so I won't rip it out
until we can check what is still needed in the new approach.

There wasn't a pressing need, I just started to investigate the
complexity of the partitions code in support of this and decided to see
what a cleanup would look like.

Of course if you do publish the new approach in the meantime I think we
can wipe out some of the OpenLDAP backend specific modules pretty fast,
like exended_dn_openldap, (I'm assuming you will be doing that stuff
 on the slapd side).

Thanks!

Andrew Bartlett