[Samba] Upgrade 4.8 to 4.9 with Backend-Change to lmdb?

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Sep 27 07:34:26 UTC 2018

Hi Dennis,

> I've done extensive stress testing on the DC (compiled version, not
> packaged one) and I confirm that it works very well.

Yes, i also have results here and reports from others that the DC and members work great. ( it all works great )
Only for me its not production ready due to the resolving Guest bug.

> [1]
> https://dev.tranquil.it/wiki/SAMBA_-_Installation_d%27un_nouveau_serveur_de_fichiers_Samba4#Configuration_smb.conf

>(Rowland)
>Your wiki page needs updating, all supported Samba versions now use a
>slightly different 'ad' setup and I wish I knew who thought it was good
>idea to recommend putting the '*' domain above the 'DOMAIN' domain.

Good point, one to note in a config to never do that, but can you explain more?
If * is above the DOMAIN, i dont see anything wrong with that.

Greetz,

Louis