Share cannot be accessed when samba is in Domain with security enabled

shivappa Sangapur ssangapur3 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 03:36:21 UTC 2018

Hi,

I'm using samba-4.7.4.
I have put my samba server in Domain. (Not using winbind) using NT domain
with user test.
/etc/password has 'test' user and pdbedit shows only 'test' user, since I've
joined this samba server to Windows domain.
domain server is Win2k12 R2.
In windows domain server,
I have enabled "Microsoft network client: Digitally sign communications
(Always)" in domain Policy.

I logged as 'Administrator' to Windows domain server PC and
I tried to access share of my samba server(samba-4.7.4) from windows domain,
but i get below error.
*"The account is not authorized to login from this station"*

Any idea why so ?

If I joined my other Windows 7 PC to domain using domain user 'test2' and
access samba-4.7.4 share,
same error occurs.
If I joined my other Windows 7 PC to domain using domain user 'test' and
access samba-4.7.4 share,
the share access successfully.

test,test2 have full rights as domain users, Administrator and etc.....

Any suggestions ??

--
Sent from: http://samba.2283325.n4.nabble.com/Samba-samba-technical-f2457555.html