Share cannot be accessed when samba is in Domain with security enabled

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Sep 17 14:45:52 UTC 2018

On Mon, 17 Sep 2018 09:01:57 -0500 (CDT)
shivappa Sangapur via samba-technical <samba-technical at lists.samba.org>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using samba-4.7.4.
> I have put my samba server in Domain. (Not using winbind) using NT
> domain with user test.
> /etc/password has 'test' user and pdbedit shows only 'test' user,
> since I've joined this samba server to Windows domain.
> domain server is Win2k12 R2.

Not sure I fully understand this, you seem to say you are running an NT
domain on a Win2k12R2 server, I didn't think this was possible because
Windows EOL'ed NT domains over 10 years ago.

I think you need to post your smb.conf.

Also, this isn't really the place for this discussion, please reply
to the Samba mailing list, I have posted there.

Rowland