Samba 4.9.0 file name changes

Martin Schwenke martin at meltin.net
Fri Sep 14 20:38:31 UTC 2018

On Fri, 14 Sep 2018 14:01:22 +0200, "L.P.H. van Belle via
samba-technical" <samba-technical at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Or usr/lib/*/ctdb/ctdb_event changed to usr/lib/*/ctdb/ctdb-event
> usr/lib/*/ctdb/ctdb_eventd changed to usr/lib/*/ctdb/ctdb-eventd
>
> And usr/share/man/man5/ctdbd.conf.5 usr/share/man/man5/ctdb.conf.5
> For example.

Yes, these ones are fairly large changes, especially the 2nd.

Note that ctdb.conf is a Samba-style config file instead of the old
shell variables file.  There's a lot about this in WHATSNEW.txt.

There's an example config migration script included in
ctdb/doc/examples/config_migrate.sh that does a pretty good job of
rewriting an old config file into new ones.  That said, I think you will
definitely need a big, bright and shiny NEWS entry for the the CTDB
part of this upgrade...  :-)

There will be some more config changes for CTDB in the next Samba
release, but not on this scale.

Please yell if you need to know more...

peace & happiness,
martin