autobuild and dnspython

Alexander Bokovoy ab at samba.org
Thu Sep 6 08:25:23 UTC 2018

On to, 06 syys 2018, Noel Power via samba-technical wrote:
> Thanks!
>
> also I did send a patch through yesterday to update the third_party
> version (but it seems to have got stuck in the moderator queue (size?)
> as I don't see it on the list)
> Anyway not sure if is necessary, not sure if opinion is divided,  some
> at atleast seem in favour of dropping it from third_party which imo
> makes sense as there are no real samba specific changes so it seems
> pointless hosting a unpatched upstream copy :-)
We put things into third_party for two reasons:
 - help with environments where these packages might be missing
   completely

 - keep them available at a configuration time

It is not applied consistently. For example, we require gpgme python
bindings for Samba AD DC build and expect them to be available on the
system. dnspython is a similar case -- it is only used for AD DC build
(in samba_dnsupdate) and for tests that imply use of AD DC build.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy