Maintainer / Kernel Summit 2018 planning kick-off

Steve French smfrench at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 03:59:37 UTC 2018

On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 4:36 PM Theodore Y. Ts'o <tytso at mit.edu> wrote:

> [ Feel free to forward this to other Linux kernel mailing lists as
>   appropriate -- Ted ]
>
> This year, the Maintainer and Kernel Summit will be in Vancouver,
> B.C., November 12th -- 15th.  The Maintainer's summit will be held on
> Monday, November 12th, in Vancouver, immediately before the Linux
> Plumber's Conference (LPC) November 13th -- 15th.

As the Linux Plumber's conference (see
https://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/) will include
various 'Micro-Conferences' this year (for example ones on
RDMA, Containers, and various other topics have already been
accepted), I thought it could be helpful to have one for File Systems
given the many topics that Dave Howells and others brought up
at the Summit in Park City this spring and various hot topics
(copy tools and offload, mount API, proposed file system info API, various
network and cluster topics etc,).

If anyone is planning to be at Linux Plumbers conference and interested
in file system (or network/cluster file system) discussions let me know
so I can update the proposal.

--
Thanks,

Steve