WAF 2.x upgrade for 4.10

Alexander Bokovoy ab at samba.org
Mon Sep 3 14:10:42 UTC 2018

On su, 02 syys 2018, Andrew Bartlett via samba-technical wrote:
> On Sun, 2018-09-02 at 11:14 +0200, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
> > 2 сентября 2018 г. 11:09:30 GMT+02:00, Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samb
> > a.org> пишет:
> > >
> > > Any update on when we can expect this?  I'm keen to do some review
> > > on
> > > it and have it merged before it suffers from even more rebase
> > > hell.
> > >
> > Hi Andrew,
> >
> > I do have a git master  rebase as of this morning. I stuck at Vienna
> > airport since yesterday due to Austrian airlines flight cancellations
> > and right now I'm in a second attempt to get back to Finland.
> >
> > Expect an update on Monday my time.
>
> Great, thanks!
https://gitlab.com/samba-team/devel/samba/pipelines/29270067 runs the
current state of those changes. I had to add couple more fixes:

 - lib/mscat/wscript needed a typical change to get access to Logs
   module

 - script/autobuild.py assumed internal knowledge about WAF's cache file
   name. We used to change it to <target>.cache.py while since 2011 it
   always been <target>_cache.py in WAF. An update reverted it back to
   the original so I took time to discover CACHE_SUFFIX value in runtime
   instead of using a hard-coded value.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy