WAF 2.x upgrade for 4.10

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Sep 2 09:09:30 UTC 2018

On Fri, 2018-08-17 at 15:47 +0300, Alexander Bokovoy via samba-
technical wrote:

> Updated version passed successfully this pipeline:
> https://gitlab.com/samba-team/devel/samba/pipelines/28098396
>
> I need to merge few more fixes from Andrew's reviews that got lost in
> my
> greedy regexp experiments and we can do a finaly review on the list.

Any update on when we can expect this?  I'm keen to do some review on
it and have it merged before it suffers from even more rebase hell.

Likewise, we can't keep the whole build system on 'please do not touch'
status forever either.

Sadly it doesn't rebase on master, as autobuild.py has been updated
with the (overly aggressive in this case) PEP8 stuff.  Ouch.

It fails on unrelated changes under the title ' build:wafsamba: Update
dist/distcheck commands', so those need splitting out anyway.

Thankfully it is only that commit and a tiny selftest change that fail,
but without those I've not dared try a build.

Sorry,