Query-info passthrough for linux smb

ronnie sahlberg ronniesahlberg at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 19:55:34 UTC 2018

List, all

PSA, and fishing for people to write some python code...

In the kernel client land we now have an ioctl to provide query info passthrough
between the application and the smb2/3 server.
This allows userland applications to view all the SMB2/3 metadata that
are available via
SMB2/QUERY_INFO.

We even have some simple example code to show how the API looks like
when querying for example the security descriptor or quota.

It would be really awesome to have linux applications with a gui to
view or manage these things instead of having to revert to using other
OSes everytime we want to view these data.

Anyone up for writing some nice, maybe python, tools to view and
operate on security descriptors?
I think having something similar to what you have in
Properties/Security/... in Explorer would be awesome.

Ronnie Sahlberg