HOWTO run a private autobuild on sn-devel ?

Stefan Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Tue Oct 16 09:24:07 UTC 2018

Am 16.10.2018 um 10:02 schrieb Andreas Schneider via samba-technical:
> On Monday, 15 October 2018 22:03:11 CEST Jeremy Allison wrote:
>> I just looked and one thing that's missing
>> from the autobuild.txt documents is a step-by-step
>> howto of how to run a private autobuild on
>> sn-devel that doesn't push to master on
>> success.
>>
>> Can someone tell me how to do that ? It would
>> greatly help me in tracking python ad-dc
>> problems like the one Volker has seen
>> down as I could iterate by adding printf-style
>> debug statements into the python code
>> to find the problematic interaction.
>
> Connect to sn-devel:
>
> tmux
> git clone git://git.samba.org/<repo>.git my-samba-wip
> cd my-samba-wip
> autobuild-private.sh --email=minime at samba.org --always-email --tail

Actually you don't need any of these options.
The script just calls:
exec buildnice script/autobuild.py --testbase=/m/$USER/W
--email=$USER at samba.org --branch="private" --always-email --tail
--keeplogs --verbose $@

So typically you would just use 'autobuild-private.sh', if you want to
track down something specific you can use something like
'autobuild-private.sh samba-ad-dc-2', which will just run the
'samba-ad-dc-2' task-

> You can now detach if you want. If you don't want to use tmux you can use --
> daemon instead of --tail.

Instead of tmux you could also use screen...

metze