[Announce] Samba 4.8.6 Available for Download

Karolin Seeger kseeger at samba.org
Tue Oct 9 08:20:40 UTC 2018

			"Happiness is nothing but good
			 health and freedom, and money
			 is the single best way you can
			 buy your freedom."

			 Scott Adams

Release Announcements
---------------------

This is the latest stable release of the Samba 4.8 release series.

Changes since 4.8.5:
--------------------

o  Paulo Alcantara <paulo at paulo.ac>
   * BUG 13578: s3: util: Do not take over stderr when there is no log file.

o  Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org>
   * BUG 13585: s3: smbd: Ensure get_real_filename() copes with empty pathnames.

o  Ralph Boehme <slow at samba.org>
   * BUG 13441: vfs_fruit: delete 0 byte size streams if AAPL is enabled.
   * BUG 13549: s3:smbd: Durable Reconnect fails because cookie.allow_reconnect
     is not set.

o  Alexander Bokovoy <ab at samba.org>
   * BUG 13539: krb5-samba: Interdomain trust uses different salt principal.

o  Volker Lendecke <vl at samba.org>
   * BUG 13362: Fix possible memory leak in the Samba process.
   * BUG 13441: vfs_fruit: Don't unlink the main file.
   * BUG 13602: smbd: Fix a memleak in async search ask sharemode.

o  Stefan Metzmacher <metze at samba.org>
   * BUG 11517: Fix Samba GPO issue when Trust is enabled.
   * BUG 13539: samba-tool: Add virtualKerberosSalt attribute to 'user
     getpassword/syncpasswords'.

o  Andreas Schneider <asn at samba.org>
   * BUG 13606: wafsamba: Fix 'make -j<jobs>'.

o  Martin Schwenke <martin at meltin.net>
   * BUG 13592: ctdbd logs an error until it can successfully connect to
     eventd.
   * BUG 13617: Fix race conditions in CTDB recovery lock.

joining the #samba-technical IRC channel on irc.freenode.net.

If you do report problems then please try to send high quality
feedback. If you don't provide vital information to help us track down
the problem then you will probably be ignored.  All bug reports should
be filed under the "Samba 4.1 and newer" product in the project's Bugzilla
database (https://bugzilla.samba.org/).

== Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
== The Samba Team

================
Download Details
================

The uncompressed tarballs and patch files have been signed
using GnuPG (ID 6F33915B6568B7EA).  The source code can be downloaded
from:

        https://download.samba.org/pub/samba/stable/

The release notes are available online at:

        https://www.samba.org/samba/history/samba-4.8.6.html

Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
(https://bugzilla.samba.org/)

                        --Enjoy