Error running "samba-tool dbcheck" after going from 4.8.6 to 4.9.2
medalist at sapo.pt
Thu Nov 8 20:45:20 UTC 2018
I just tested Samba 4.9.2 on one of my DCs, previously running version
4.8.6. Immediately after install, I ran "samba-tool dbcheck" and got the
Checking 511 objects
ERROR(<type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>): uncaught exception -
'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 25: ordinal not in
line 177, in _run
return self.run(*args, **kwargs)
line 157, in run
line 222, in check_database
error_count += self.check_object(object.dn, attrs=attrs)
line 2315, in check_object
expected_dn = ldb.Dn(self.samdb, "RDN=RDN,%s" % (parent_dn))
The error disappears after going back to Samba 4.8.6. The underlying OS
is CentOS 7.4.
Although the names my users use at logon don't have accented characters,
several of them have them in their complete names. Several of the group
names also have accented characters.
This is likely the same error reported under Bug 13616, which meanwhile
has been declared as closed.
More information about the samba-technical