ctdb: Adding memory pool for queue callback

Wed Nov 7 20:18:47 UTC 2018

On Thu, Nov 08, 2018 at 06:50:19AM +1300, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> The pool stuff is complex, and if it gains us the performance we need,
> it is worth it (just), but if it is no longer a win, there are

If my memory serves me right, talloc_pool was a remedy for the pstring
removal, doing all path handling with talloc. At that time I believe
it gave us back 30% (this is all from memory) in nbench. Maybe malloc
has caught up so well that this is no longer an issue. Not sure.

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de