[WBCLIENT] Add process name to the winbind request

Andreas Schneider asn at samba.org
Fri Nov 2 08:39:57 UTC 2018

Hi,

currently we send the pid as part of the request from wbclient to winbind.
Would it make sense to add the process name and log it on the winbind side?

If you just get logs and don't have access to the box, you would at least have
a clue which process created the request to winbind.

The idea would be to add a 32byte progname. We could add getprogname() to
libreplace like:

#ifndef HAVE_GETPROGNAME
const char *getprogname(void)
{
#ifdef _GNU_SOURCE
	return program_invocation_short_name;
#else
	/* FIXME: Read /proc/<pid>/cmdline??? */
	return "<unknown>";
#endif
}
#endif

http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man3/program_invocation_name.3.html

	Andreas

Andreas Schneider                      asn at samba.org
Samba Team                             www.samba.org
GPG-ID:     8DFF53E18F2ABC8D8F3C92237EE0FC4DCC014E3D