gitlab status

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed May 23 18:23:45 UTC 2018

On Wed, 2018-05-23 at 10:43 +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> On Wednesday, 23 May 2018 03:48:05 CEST Andrew Bartlett via samba-technical
> wrote:
> > This patch changes system-info.txt in the autobuild tarball to include
> > 'df -m .' and 'df -m $TESTBASE'.
> >
> > It also changes the gitlab ONLY to include this in the normal output.
> >
> > It is not included in --tail, so shouldn't show up in other public
> > settings.
> >
> > Instead for gitlab we keep the tarball and extract the system-info.txt
> > file in the .gitlab-ci.yml script.
> >
> > Please review and push!
>
> RB+

Thanks,

> Did you already create images to safe build time on gitlab?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this.

The status on gitlab is this:

Catalyst is now using GitLab CI quite a bit, as you will have seen, to
do our builds to ensure things are OK before submission to sn-devel.
Most of the runners are the free gitlab.com runners, but for the jobs
that won't fit in 'free' (see .gitlab-ci-private.yml), we use runners
hosted in the Catalyst Cloud.

Joe Guo has been working with me to port the ansible scripts that
control that to Rackspace, so we can replicate the same thing in
Rackspace's cloud.  However while it 'works', it seems to more reliably
trigger some pre-existing races in our schema code and password lockout
tests (which are timing sensitive).

So we need to work out what the bottleneck is (if Rackspace's storage
is slower that Catalayt Cloud's for example) and how to work around it
(eg a tmpfs mount).

In the long term, we need to structure our tests to fit within what we
can get for free if at all possible.

To address what I think you were asking, over summer Jamie did
experiment with various caches to try and pick up the ccache dir, and
while he had PoC using caches and chaining a single prep build and then
the autobuild runs he wasn't able to finish that into an upstream
patch.

Thanks,