i need help with son errors

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri May 11 18:13:23 UTC 2018

On Fri, 11 May 2018 14:45:39 -0300
Carlos Bordon via samba-technical <samba-technical at lists.samba.org>
wrote:

> I sent two twice the same but other mail, please dont respond the
> other, dont work correctly

Sorry, where did you send your original mails to ?
What doesn't work correctly ?

> Hi people, i use samba 4.6 and upgrate to 4..81

How are you using Samba ? As an AD DC, Unix domain member or other ?

> but now i have some problems
> In syslog i have:
> Failed to commit objets:
> WERR_GEN_FAILURE/NT_STATUS_INVALID_NETWORK_RESPONSE if i execute
> smblient i hace this error: error while loading shared libraries:
> libpopt-samba3.so.0: cannot open shared object file: no such file or
> directory

How did you update ?
It looks like you haven't got all required packages installed.

If this is a DC, you need to roll back your install, there is a problem
when you upgrade a DC to 4.8.0 or 4.8.1

This would have been better dealt with on the samba mailing list.

Rowland