CI for the GitHub averse

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu May 10 02:18:23 UTC 2018

A number of Samba Team members would prefer not to use GitHub, and I
certainly understand that position.

However, Continuous Integration is a powerful tool that can save
reviewers and developers a significant effort if used in daily
development and when patches are posted to the list.

I recently restructured our .gitlab-ci.yml file to run those tests that
can run on the free gitlab.com runners. (It skips the the larger
testsuites that need more ram or ext4 filesystems).

This isn't perfect, and is much less comprehensive than the Travis CI
runners, but is still far better than nothing.

Please make a fork of https://gitlab.com/samba-team/samba/ and give it
a try.

There isn't any mailing list integration so far, so for now please find
and manually paste the branch and pipeline URLs of your branches for
review.

Thanks,

https://samba.org/~abartlet/
https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba