Close all old samba "3" bugzillas ?

Simo simo at samba.org
Thu Mar 22 19:00:11 UTC 2018

On Fri, 2018-03-23 at 06:51 +1300, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Thu, 2018-03-22 at 12:49 -0400, Simo via samba-technical wrote:
> > Should we vote on this ?
> >
> > Seem like the only one that raised objections is Björn but that doesn't
> > mean all others agree one way or another.
>
> Efforts are better spent on other things.  It is a DB, marking things
> as closed doesn't really change how it works under the hood, and if
> someone is looking at it then keep it as is.
>
> I've tried to do a triage (sometimes with incorrect results, but the
> noise caused it to get a proper fix, so that is actually a win) before,
> and that closed a fair few legitimately.
>
> If Björn wants to keep searching on and fixing old bugs, then all power
> to him!

He said he searches them, I didn't hear he keep them open to fix them.
My experience though is that it is not fair to keep bugs open for the
reporter and for other observers if there is no intention to act on
them for real but just keep them open "just in case".

It is my opinion though, I do not want to force anything, I can only
say I was driven away from bugzilla pretty quickly the other day as,
the way it is now there is no way to find good, actionable, relevant
bugs in the noise.

Simo.