Close all old samba "3" bugzillas ?

Björn Jacke bjacke at samba.org
Wed Mar 21 20:59:24 UTC 2018

On 21.03.2018 21:24, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> Can we add such a preconfigured search so it's readily available
> to all profiles without people having to define it ?

we don't want to change the global search product default because we are
also the bug tracker for rsync and some other non-samba products. A
simple http url will not work either because the given parameters in the
URL will disapear after the first search. The quicksearch on the main
page nobody realy wants to use. You might have notices that you will
also see all bug reports of all products like rsyns, ccache and so on
also when you make a search for some generic search pattern there. For
that reason everybody wants to use the main search query that links to

https://bugzilla.samba.org/query.cgi

If you are interested in samba 4 bugs only, go once to the advanced
"tab", highlight the Samba 4 product(s), then go down on that page and
press "Set my default search back to the system default." Then you're
done. No more rsync/ccache/samba3/whatever bugs in your search results
anymore.

Björn