Close all old samba "3" bugzillas ?

Björn Jacke bjacke at samba.org
Wed Mar 21 20:18:50 UTC 2018

On 21.03.2018 20:39, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> Sure - but IMHO we need a "BUG-IDLE" or "MORIBUND" bug state
> which doesn't show up in a regular search, but is easy to
> select for if required. Just not "CLOSED" then.

due to my everyday work I think I'm one someone who does really a lot of
bugzilla research and editing work, I never was cumbered by too many old
bug reports, the oposite is the case, the old bug reports often are
still helpful. Anyway, no matter if there is a need for a flag like
BUG-IDLE or so, there IS already a way to do that wanted filtering of
old bug reports. If you don't wanna see them just make the search in the
"Samba 4.1 and newer" product and not in all bugzilla products. You can
even add 4.0 or 3.6 if you feel like it, you can even save a
preconfigured customized search in your personal preferences. For Samba
5.0 we might introduce again a new product to be able to filter samba 4
bugs away once those versions got old one day.

Björn