Handling DCERPC Broken Connections in Endpoint Server

Stefan Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Mon Mar 19 15:18:52 UTC 2018

Hi Murray,

> I'm seeing this issue with OpenChange's MAPIProxy module.  I'm running
> MAPIProxy as a true proxy (dcerpc_mapiproxy:server = false in smb.conf).
> I'm trying to update MAPIProxy to support multi process mode when running
> as a proxy since it doesn't need any handles.  It all works well except
> Outlook uses an async RPC call and this causes the connection to be placed
> on the broken connections list and the process hangs around forever.  The
> MAPIProxy module can be updated to call  dcesrv_cleanup_broken_connections at
> the end of dcerpc_binding_handle_async_call_done.  (dcesrv_mapiproxy.c).

Can you please point me to the exact code you're seeing this in?
It seems not to be in https://github.com/openchange/openchange

How is dcerpc_binding_handle_async_call_done() triggered?

dcesrv_cleanup_broken_connections() is really an implementation
detail we want to be hidden and not exposed.

Maybe we need to call it also from dcesrv_sock_report_output_data()?
Which is triggered from dcesrv_reply().

metze