bash/ldap failures

Aurélien Aptel aaptel at suse.com
Fri Mar 16 10:21:03 UTC 2018

Hi,

I still run into LDAP test failures from case mismatch since last
december. Andrew mentionned it was due to some sort of bash-ism? I'd
like to understand more if anyone is willing to explain what those test
are supposed to do and have an idea what exactly fails.

I also run this failure:

  FAILED:  samba3.blackbox.smbclient_s3.NT1.plain (nt4_dc).volume(nt4_dc)

  Error Message:
  null

  Stack Trace:
  Traceback (most recent call last):
  testtools.testresult.real._StringException: Exception: Exception: CLI_FORCE_INTERACTIVE=yes
  /home/ci/workspace/samba-ci/bin/smbclient -Uci%localntdc2pass //LOCALNT4DC2/tmp -I 127.0.0.3
  --configfile=/home/ci/workspace/samba-ci/st/client/client.conf -mNT1
  Try "help" to get a list of possible commands.
  smb: \> Volume: |tmp| serial number 0xad80a8b3
  smb: \>
  failed doing volume command

The test script is source3/script/tests/test_smbclient_s3.sh

    echo "$out" | grep '^Volume: |tmp| serial number'
    ret=$?
    if [ $ret != 0 ] ; then
	echo "$out"
	echo "failed doing volume command"
	return 1
    fi

For some reason the input command ("volume\n") is not copied on the
output so the test works if you remove the ^ at the start of the grep
pattern (without the input string the "Volume:.." line ends up in the
middle of the previous line instead of a new line). Until we know we the
input is not copied in the output I can send a patch that removes that ^
check.

Cheers,
--
Aurélien Aptel / SUSE Labs Samba Team
GPG: 1839 CB5F 9F5B FB9B AA97  8C99 03C8 A49B 521B D5D3