[Patches] Windows 10 cannot logon on Samba NT4 domain (bug #13328)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Mar 16 00:41:58 UTC 2018

On Thu, 2018-03-15 at 16:23 -0700, Jeremy Allison via samba-technical
wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 09:54:06PM +0100, Ralph Böhme via samba-technical wrote:
> > Howdy,
> >
> > On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 08:40:07PM +0100, Stefan Metzmacher via samba-technical wrote:
> > > Most of it is already reviewed by Ralph, but the regression test is missing.
> > >
> > > Please review and push :-)
> >
> > lgtm&pushed. Thanks!
>
> That's a really nice piece of code, well commented and explains
> what it's up to really well.
>
> Thanks !
>
> Jeremy.

G'Day Metze and Ralph.

You have collaborated on some really great work recently and I want to
say a big thanks not only for your efforts but for this in particular
as it works us closer towards a common auth stack.

Something others may not know is that the partial merge you worked from
was a key part of the challenge in building the smbd-based AD DC.  I
valued your efforts here greatly at the time and it is nice to see
further steps being taken to improve this and unify this code further.

I'm really glad we have a good distinction between guest and anonymous
now.

Thanks!