Again "Failed to remove backlin of memberOf when deleting" with debug info

Douglas Bagnall douglas.bagnall at catalyst.net.nz
Wed Mar 14 20:29:49 UTC 2018

On 15/03/18 00:13, Andrej Gessel via samba-technical wrote:
> Hello Douglas,
>

> you suggestion doesn't help me, as i wrote in my last message. The
> problem is, that the member attributes of the group in ldb file are not
> sorted.
>
> Can someone point me to lines of code, where member attributes are
> sorted, before they were added to ldb? It was fresh join and I can't
> understand, why the forward links are not sorted.

Right. That is odd.

> Or give me some hint, where i should start to search.

It is the binary search that sorts them. Like this:

1. The list starts out empty, which is sorted.

2. When each link is added, the place it should be is found via the
   binary search, and it is inserted there (if it is not a duplicate),
   so the list stays sorted.

It seems very suboptimal until you consider we already have to do the
binary search for the duplicate check.

Is there any pattern to the way are the member attributes are unsorted?

Douglas