Autobuilds now exceeding 5 hour limit

Douglas Bagnall douglas.bagnall at catalyst.net.nz
Sun Mar 11 20:32:16 UTC 2018

On 11/03/18 17:33, autobuild wrote:
> The autobuild test system (on sn-devel-144) has detected an intermittent failing test in
> the current master tree.
>
> The autobuild log of the failure is available here:
>
>    http://git.samba.org/autobuild.flakey.sn-devel-144/2018-03-11-0533/flakey.log
>
> The samba build logs are available here:
>
>    http://git.samba.org/autobuild.flakey.sn-devel-144/2018-03-11-0533/samba.stderr
>    http://git.samba.org/autobuild.flakey.sn-devel-144/2018-03-11-0533/samba.stdout

The last 4 failures, including this, seem to have failed because they
exceeded the 5 hour timeout. This has never happened before, though we
did start hitting the then 4 hour limit in January.

Why is it slower? I don't know. No doubt the combination of the ldb
performance regression in ef240aaca0ef693a967 (committed 2017-12-20),
meltdown/spectre mitigations, and the ever increasing number of tests
don't help, but it seems as if something in the last few days has made
it significantly worse.

Comparing the "TOP 10 slowest" list with one from December in a very
unscientific manner, I see slowdowns everywhere, with the worst being
in vlv, drs.link_conflicts, and ridalloc_exop.

Douglas