Python3 misc bugfixes

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Mar 6 22:00:09 UTC 2018

On Tue, 2018-03-06 at 21:25 +0000, Noel Power wrote:

> Just let me know if it is really what you want. (In anycase I probably
> should update the test to demonstrate the various guid formats too)

I want a DWIM approach, hand the function either bytes or a string and
have it do the right thing.

The only concession I'll make to your point is that I'm OK for there to
be a restriction that the 16 byte form must come as bytes.

This matters as an ldb value could be internally either a string or
bytes (depending on many things) but appears as bytes and needs to be
interpreted based on the length.

https://samba.org/~abartlet/
https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba