Autobuild time and flapping tests

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Mar 1 11:39:49 UTC 2018

On Thu, 2018-03-01 at 11:35 +0100, Andreas Schneider via samba-
technical wrote:

> > > 3 autobuilds already failed for me with this patchset. And currently
> > > autobuild runs for 4-5 hours.
> > >
> > > This is the branch I'm trying to push:
> > >
> > > https://git.samba.org/?p=asn/samba.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master-pwra
> >
> > It did survive 2 private autobuilds for me before. Where does it fail
> > for you?
>
> Random non-related tests.
>

> The flakey smbcontrol test or in a kcc test ...

To give some good news:

We came up with a plan for smbcontrol in the office yesterday, so that
we should get fixed in coming days.

I also rebased my parallel-builds branch on master and thanks to the
work Jamie did over our summer it now passes.  This saved 80 mins by
splitting the nt4 tests into a parallel run.  However I need to check
all the tests did run, as I've been fooled before.

Finally if anybody (on or off the team) want so help out with splitting
up our tests or getting them running better on travis CI and on gitlab
CI in particular then please get in touch with me.

Thanks!