Samba 4.8.3 and ldb 1.3.4

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Jun 26 18:56:48 UTC 2018

On Tue, 2018-06-26 at 17:36 +0200, Andreas Schneider via samba-
technical wrote:
> On Tuesday, 26 June 2018 17:07:53 CEST Karolin Seeger via samba-technical
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Samba 4.8.4 is scheduled for Tuesday, August 14.
> >
> > https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Release_Planning_for_Samba_4.8
> > has been updated accordingly.
>
> Thank you very much for handling the release Karolin. However I'm not able to
> package it.
>
> Samba 4.8.4 requires libldb 1.3.4 but here is no such libldb release!
>

> Please next time make sure that the dependencies can be fulfilled.

G'Day Andreas,

The ldb 1.3.4 patches were landed just last night, meeting a request by
metze that the recent issues discovered in ldb be backported promptly.

Please have some patience, I'm sure the tagging and tarball of the ldb
release will be done soon enough.

Thanks,