Witness service - s3 asynchronous RPC server

Ralph Böhme slow at samba.org
Fri Jun 22 20:13:27 UTC 2018

On Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 01:30:08PM +0200, David Disseldorp via samba-technical wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Jun 2018 11:41:18 +0200, David Disseldorp via samba-technical wrote:
>
> > IIRC (it was a long time ago :) Metze
> > recommended using a thin tevent wrapper to handle this context. IMO we
> > need to make sure that this is addressed before taking this patchset
> > further.
>
> Andreas mentioned that Metze's new tevent impersonation patchset should
> do exactly that, so it sounds like we can proceed from there.

if you're feeling adventurous, the tevent impersontaion patches are mostly
finished and can be found in metze's branch:

https://git.samba.org/?p=metze/samba/wip.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master4-impersonate

You only need the patches up to

https://git.samba.org/?p=metze/samba/wip.git;a=commit;h=f92dc14ea86f737a9679fb2a4e7cd79e55826e64

This one shows how to use the new tevent wrapper infrastructure:

https://git.samba.org/?p=metze/samba/wip.git;a=commitdiff;h=df42e8734c777e2c909117449cf67f2f8e513a92

-slow

--
Ralph Boehme, Samba Team       https://samba.org/