Backporting LDB patches please?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Jun 19 20:57:24 UTC 2018

On Tue, 2018-06-19 at 09:03 +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> On Tuesday, 19 June 2018 06:44:45 CEST Andrew Bartlett via samba-technical
> wrote:
> > G'Day Gary,
> >
> > I wondered if you could give me a hand by ensuring that all the recent
> > fixes to LDB get backported into the version of ldb in Samba 4.7 and
> > 4.8 (as appropriate).  I'm asking because Metze reminded me at SambaXP.
>
> If you need a newer libldb, you can get it at:
>

> https://ftp.samba.org/pub/ldb/
>

> This again sounds like we should have a separate git repository for ldb!

No, we don't want to use older Samba versions against newer LDB
versions.  The reason we bumped the version to 1.3 and 1.4 was to allow
a release stream without the major changes brought by the GUID index
work and the key-value layer.

These are maintained in the v4-7-test and v4-8-test branch
respectively.

However see my other mail, the experience of the past two years has
shown that the Samba/LDB interactions are much, much more complex than
the current release plan ever imagined.