LDB skew against Samba version

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Jun 19 20:52:52 UTC 2018

On Tue, 2018-06-19 at 07:43 +0200, Stefan Metzmacher wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> thanks! Can you remind me if it's possible to use newer ldb versions
> 1.4.x or 1.3.x with 4.7? Timur asked me about that and I wasn't sure
> as we had some problems with that at some point.

It probably doesn't work, particularly for 1.4, as the DSDB module
stack had to again be changed again when the locking got stricter.

It also simply isn't tested.

I don't suggest mixing Samba with LDB versions different to what it was
released with, and we should probably remove the pretence that this was
ever a good idea (ie like CTDB, just release with Samba).