Backporting LDB patches please?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Jun 19 04:44:45 UTC 2018

G'Day Gary,

I wondered if you could give me a hand by ensuring that all the recent
fixes to LDB get backported into the version of ldb in Samba 4.7 and
4.8 (as appropriate).  I'm asking because Metze reminded me at SambaXP.

That is, for each patch in lib/ldb 'recently' for which the BUG URL is
still open, check if it applies (git cherry-pick -x ideally) into the
release branch.  If so, re-create that patch with git format-patch and
attach to the bug requesting review.

This is described in:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_Release_Planning#Release_Branch_
Checkin_Procedure

The only extra step is to bump the ldb minor version number, include
the new ABI files and write a set of very simple release notes into the
 commit message (see previous examples).

Finally, do check the most recent patch from Andrej on ldb.

Thanks,