[Patches] Preparation for tevent impersonation (part1)

Fri Jun 15 11:08:27 UTC 2018

On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 09:25:08AM +0200, Volker Lendecke via samba-technical wrote:
> If talloc_tos() is no longer en vogue, we need a similarly concise
> abstraction.

Another one that just came in:

https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2018-June/128427.html

I'm not saying that we should use talloc_tos() deep inside ldb, but if
you want to ditch it, please provide something of similar
functionality to avoid hickups like the ones Andrej found. That is
precisely the kind of memory leak that I've tried to prevent with
talloc_tos(). We NEED something like that. Please consider these cases
when you say that talloc_tos() needs to be avoided.

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de